Basic Corrosion Course
NACE GB is working to find a way to offer the Basic Corrosion Courses within the UK. Once we have a formula that allows the course to be provided, the course details will be posted here. Until the Section is able to reach a resolution, please go to the NACE web site (www.nace.org/cstm/education) for details Basic Corrosion Schedule worldwide.Tel: Email:
The Basic Corrosion Course focuses on corrosion and the potential problems caused by corrosion. It provides a basic but thorough review of causes of corrosion and the methods by which it can be identified, monitored, and controlled. Active participation is encouraged through hands-on experiments and case studies, as well as an open discussion format.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who needs to be able to recognize corrosion and understand its devastating potential, especially as it relates to his or her area of responsibility. This includes:
- Anyone needing a basic understanding of corrosion
No previous training in corrosion control is required. However, to gain the most from this course, a basic understanding of science and chemistry is recommended.
Course highlights include but are not limited to:
- Basics of Electrochemistry
- Types of Environments
- Engineering Materials
- Forms of Corrosion
- Corrosion Control & Prevention Methods
- Testing & Monitoring Techniques.
Materials Included in Registration Fee
- Corrosion and Its Control: An Introduction to the Subject, Second Edition
- Forms of Corrosion-Recognition and Prevention: NACE Handbook 1, Volume 1
- Basic manual for course kit use